Atiku challenges FG to provide evidence he benefited from N156m slush fund

national news politics
Like this?

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar has described as laughable the allegations of financial corruption against him by the Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who alleged that he has a case to answer over the collapse of Platinum Habib Bank, Bank PHB.

Atiku also said the All Progressives Congress (APC) led government has failed in its bid to stop his US trip, hence the allegation against him.

Atiku’s Special Assistant on Public Communication,  Phrank Shaibu said in a statement Friday that the allegation linking Atiku with the N156 million slush fund was false and without substance.

“They just suddenly woke up to the reality that, their lies about Atiku being corrupt can no longer hold? I challenge the federal government to come up with evidence that i benefitted from N156 million slush funds through Claremont Management Services Account on 13th January, 2009 as well as the collapse of Bank PHB as they have alleged.

“It is instructive to note that, the same BankPHB is now Keystone bank which was said to have been acquired Buhari’s cronies through AMCON last year,” Atiku said.

“It is disgusting to continue to spin allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office.

READ ALSO  2019: Atiku’s “political family” backs Buhari, refuses to explain why ex-VP was dumped

“Is it not a shame that the ruling party whose National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole only yesterday (Thursday) gave official confirmation to the general belief that , even if Lawrence Anini becomes an APC member today, Buhari will forgive and consecrate him can turn around to accuse me of corruption today?” he queried.

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *